Monday, November 7, 2011

No satisfaction in sensuality

The Rolling Stones once sang, " I cant get no satisfaction" This is a condition discovered by all those who seek to satiate the carnal nature of man with endless and relentless sensual experiences.
Jesus once said. "I am the Bread of Life, if you eat this bread you will never hunger again, I am the Living Water, drink of Me and you shall never thirst again" (paraphrase)
Some turn to hard drugs and alcohol, others to promiscuity, some to gambling but they soon discover it is a bottomless pit of gnawing cravings that cannot be satisfied by natural, sensual pleasures.
Jesus Christ offered an answer to the sad truth of "No Satisfaction". Jesus came as the Supreme Being of the Universe and he was also born of Mary as a human being. This meant He was all Man and all God.
He has the Power to fill the heart of man with Satisfaction, Peace, Joy beyond our comprehension.
Jesus Christ when He is yielded to will break the most powerful chains of addiction, depression, lust and even that modern condition of boredom.
A great Christian named Arthur Blessitt once said, "There is more Joy in serving Jesus for 5 minutes than all the carnal pleasures of a lifetime". I agree, that is an extravagant claim, but I have discovered its absolutely true, I once saturated myself in sensual pleasures in the 1970s, but it left me emptier than ever. I thought that Christianity would be the most boring experience in the world but it turned out to be the most exciting, joyful and motivating thing ever.
Jesus IS the Ultimate Incentive for being alive.
Find out for yourself---Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment